Welcome to the graduate program in the College of Business.
After reviewing the documents attached to your admission email, please follow these steps to get started at UM-Dearborn:
Obtain Your Access to University Resources and Facilities
- Watch for an email from email@example.com to the email address you provided on your application for admission. Follow the instructions to set up your University of Michigan uniqname. Your uniqname is required to access important resources, including University email and the course registration system.
- Begin checking your email at email.umich.edu as soon as you set up your uniqname.
- Don't miss important information! Starting now, all University correspondence will be sent to your firstname.lastname@example.org address.
- A University ID card, or MCard, is required for access to several University services.
- After you register for courses, you may obtain a card at the University Center.
- Online students who live out of the area will receive a card in the mail after the beginning of the semester.
- We recommend you purchase a parking permit to access student parking areas. Visitor lots are farther away from campus buildings.
Register for Courses
Register for your courses in UM-Dearborn Connect. Access to UM-Dearborn Connect will become available usually within 24 hours after you set up your uniqname.
- Review the first-term course recommendations we attached to your admission email. Note the Course Reference Number (CRN) associated with each course.
- Register for courses in the secure area of UM-Dearborn Connect.
- Select the "Student" tab, then "Registration." Choose the term, then "add/drop" courses using the appropriate Course Reference Numbers (CRN).
- Verify your course registrations and tuition assessment using the Registration menu.
- Detailed registration instructions
- Dropping, adding, and withdrawing:
- You may drop or add courses throughout the drop/add period. However, keep in mind that many faculty restrict registration after their courses have met for the first time. Group projects often begin during the first class session.
- If you decide not to attend classes at all after registering, you must officially withdraw by the drop/add deadline in order to avoid paying tuition and fees. Read the Registrar's detailed term withdrawal information.
Bring Your Own Device
Continuing through 2018 the College of Business is transitioning to a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) instructional model for graduate education. We recommend all graduate students purchase a laptop computer. Laptops are now required in several courses, which are noted each semester in the College's graduate course schedules.
Please follow the student visa instructions for newly-admitted international students. The I-20 is usually issued 2-3 weeks after you have been admitted to a degree program and submitted your Affidavit of Financial Support. If you have questions about obtaining your I-20, please contact the Office of International Affairs at 313-583-6600 or email@example.com.
Be sure to attend the mandatory check-in and orientation before the start of the semester.
We recommend several housing options.
- Tuition, fees and payment
Tuition and fees are due shortly after the semester begins. You do not have to pay when you register for courses.
- Scholarships and financial aid
The University of Michigan-Dearborn has a long-standing commitment to making higher education affordable.
If you have questions about your program requirements or recommended courses, please contact your academic advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-593-5460. Please include your name and student number in all emails and telephone messages.