Newly Admitted Graduate Students
Welcome to the graduate program in the College of Business.
Be sure to review the documents attached to your admission email from the College of Business, and please follow the steps below to get started at UM-Dearborn:
Obtain Your Access to University Resources and Facilities
- Watch for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you provided on your application for admission. Follow the instructions to set up your University of Michigan uniqname. Your uniqname is required to access important resources, including University email and the course registration system.
- Begin checking your email at email.umich.edu as soon as you set up your uniqname.
- Don't miss important information! Starting now, all University correspondence will be sent to your email@example.com address.
- A University ID card, or MCard, is required for access to several University services.
- After you register for courses, you may obtain a card at the University Center.
- Online students who live out of the area will receive a card in the mail after the beginning of the semester.
- Obtain your parking permit if you will be taking courses on campus.
Register for Courses
- Review the first-term course recommendations we attached to your admission email from the College of Business. Note the Course Reference Number (CRN) associated with each course.
- Register for courses directly in the Banner student registration system.
- Dropping, adding, and withdrawing:
- You may drop or add courses throughout the drop/add period. However, keep in mind that many faculty restrict registration after their courses have met for the first time. Group projects often begin during the first class session.
- If you decide not to attend classes at all after registering, you must officially withdraw by the drop/add deadline in order to avoid paying tuition and fees. Read the Registrar's detailed term withdrawal information.
Bring Your Own Device
Find information about student visas, housing, and everything else you need to know as an international student at the Office of International Affairs.
If you have questions about your program requirements or recommended courses, please contact your academic advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-593-4776. Please include your name and student number in all emails and telephone messages.