Welcome to the graduate program in the College of Business.
Be sure to review the documents attached to your admission email from the College of Business, and please follow the steps below to get started at UM-Dearborn:
Obtain Your Access to University Resources and Facilities
- Watch for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you provided on your application for admission. Follow the instructions to set up your University of Michigan uniqname. Your uniqname is required to access important resources, including University email and the course registration system.
- Begin checking your email at email.umich.edu as soon as you set up your uniqname.
- Don't miss important information! Starting now, all University correspondence will be sent to your email@example.com address.
- A University ID card, or MCard, is required for access to several University services.
- After you register for courses, you may obtain a card at the University Center.
- Online students who live out of the area will receive a card in the mail after the beginning of the semester.
- Obtain your parking permit if you will be taking courses on campus.
Register for Courses
Register for your courses in UM-Dearborn Connect. Access to UM-Dearborn Connect will become available usually within 24 hours after you set up your uniqname.
- Review the first-term course recommendations we attached to your admission email. Note the Course Reference Number (CRN) associated with each course.
- Register for courses in the secure area of UM-Dearborn Connect.
- Select the "Student" tab, then "Registration." Choose the term, then "add/drop" courses using the appropriate Course Reference Numbers (CRN).
- Verify your course registrations and tuition assessment using the Registration menu.
- Detailed registration instructions
- Dropping, adding, and withdrawing:
- You may drop or add courses throughout the drop/add period. However, keep in mind that many faculty restrict registration after their courses have met for the first time. Group projects often begin during the first class session.
- If you decide not to attend classes at all after registering, you must officially withdraw by the drop/add deadline in order to avoid paying tuition and fees. Read the Registrar's detailed term withdrawal information.
Find information about student visas, housing, and everything else you need to know as an international student at the Office of International Affairs.
- Tuition, fees and payment
Tuition and fees are due shortly after the semester begins. You do not have to pay when you register for courses.
- Scholarships and financial aid
The University of Michigan-Dearborn has a long-standing commitment to making higher education affordable.
In response to COVID-19, most graduate courses in the College of Business are currently offered online -- but rest assured, this is nothing new for the College of Business. We have been offering our MBA in an online format since 2002, and we haven't missed a beat.
Most of our online graduate courses will be offered in an asynchronous format, meaning you will not have to log in at a specific day and time in order to participate. You can view the details about your particular courses in the College of Business Winter 2021 Graduate Course Schedule. The College of Business Graduate Office will provide you with any updates to your course information between now and the start of the next semester.
Read more about the University's COVID-19 response.
If you have questions about your program requirements or recommended courses, please contact your academic advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-593-4776. Please include your name and student number in all emails and telephone messages.