College of Business students may register for the CPAexcel® Gold review course at a significant discount.
Any student in the College of Business may register for the CPAexcel® Gold review course at the discounted rate of $1100 (the regular rate is $1800).
The College will reimburse 100% of the discounted price to eligible students who pass all 4 parts of the CPA exam within 12 months of graduation. Alternatively, eligible students who sit for at least one section of the CPA exam within 6 months of graduation can receive a 50% reimbursement of the discounted cost of the review course, regardless of the outcome of the CPA exam.
Students must meet specific accounting and general business course requirements in order to qualify for the CPA examination in Michigan. See the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy for the official policies.
Who is Eligible for Potential Reimbursement?
- BBA students with a declared Accounting major who are currently enrolled at UM-Dearborn
- At least 45 total credit hours completed at UM-Dearborn
- At least 12 credits completed in 300-level or higher accounting courses at UM-Dearborn
- Minimum cumulative UM-Dearborn undergraduate GPA of 3.0 at the time of registering for the review course
- MS-Accounting students and MBA students with a declared Accounting concentration, currently enrolled at UM-Dearborn
- At least 12 credits completed in 500-level or higher accounting courses at UM-Dearborn
- Minimum cumulative UM-Dearborn graduate GPA of 3.2 at the time of registering for the review course
Benefits of the CPA Review Course
Students who take and complete CPAexcel® on average perform much better on the CPA exam than students who do not take a review course. CPAexcel® students have the highest CPA exam pass rates in the industry, about 90%.
Students enrolled in the review course will receive updates of electronic course materials until they pass all 4 sections of the CPA exam.
How to Receive the Discounted Rate and Reimbursement
- Contact the Department of Accounting and Finance before you graduate to obtain a special url you will use to register and pay the discounted rate for CPAexcel® Gold. Print and save your receipt.
- To receive the full $1100 reimbursement, submit the receipt and proof of having passed all four parts of the CPA exam within 12 months of graduating from UM-Dearborn.
- Alternatively, to receive the partial $550 reimbursement, submit the receipt and proof of having taken at least one section of the CPA exam within 6 months of graduating from UM-Dearborn.
- You may receive only one reimbursement. In other words, you can take a reimbursement of $550 within 6 months of graduation, OR you can wait up to 12 months and then take $550 or $1100 depending on the outcome of the CPA exam. You may not collect two $550 payments.