Registration Dates and Instructions
College of Business students are required to participate in priority registration.
College of Business students who wish to enroll in Fall 2023 courses are required to participate in COB priority early registration, March 27-29, 2023
- Your "priority early registration" date is determined by the number of credits you have earned by the end of the Fall 2022 semester:
- Monday, March 27, 8:00 am-11:45 pm: COB students with 23 or more completed credits
- Tuesday, March 28, 8:00 am-11:45 pm: COB students with 10-22 completed credits
- Wednesday, March 29, 8:00 am-11:45 pm: open to all COB students
- You may add and drop courses throughout the priority early registration period. If you need to change a course after priority registration, you can do so during the regular registration period, starting Thursday, March 30, 8:00 am-11:45 pm (see below).
- A "Program Restriction" error during the COB priority early registration period usually means you are attempting to register for a course format (online or in-person) that does not correspond to your degree program format (online or in-person). It's OK to take courses in the other format, but you will have to add those courses during regular registration.
- College of Business students may register only for business courses during priority early registration.
Regular Registration Dates
- The regular graduate registration period begins on Thursday, March 30, at 8:00 am. All graduate students may register for courses during the regular registration period.
Course Registration Instructions
- Select courses using your course planning tools. Note the Course Reference Number (CRN) associated with each course.
- Course prerequisites help ensure you possess the knowledge required to succeed. If you register for a course without having the necessary prerequisites, you will be removed from that course after the start of the semester.
- Continuing students should register for courses in My UM-Dearborn. My UM-Dearborn, the student portal, allows you to view important campus announcements, see tasks that you need to complete, schedule appointments for some offices, get answers to questions and access key university resources.
- Dropping, adding, and withdrawing:
- You may drop or add courses throughout the drop/add period. However, keep in mind that many faculty restrict registration after their courses have met for the first time. Group projects often begin during the first class session.
- If you decide not to attend classes at all after registering, you must officially withdraw by the drop/add deadline in order to avoid paying tuition and fees. Read the Registrar's detailed term withdrawal information.
- If a course you would like to take is closed, be sure to waitlist it.
- We will notify you at your umich email address if a space becomes available.
- Check your umich email frequently for waitlist information throughout the drop/add period. We review course waitlists and make adjustments frequently.
- All COB waitlists and overrides are handled by the College of Business Graduate Program Office. COB faculty are not permitted to issue overrides.
- Detailed waitlist policies
Graduating next term?
We strongly recommend you apply to graduate immediately after registering for your final semester of courses in order to allow us to complete a preliminary degree audit. This preliminary degree audit will allow you time to adjust your course schedule if necessary. Audit results are emailed to your University of Michigan account.
Attending the graduation ceremony, or Commencement, is welcomed but not mandatory in order to obtain your degree.