There are two types of returning students:
These are students who were admitted to UM-Dearborn, but never enrolled. Re-activating students should complete an Admission Information Change Form and submit it to the Office of Admissions and Orientation.
If it has been more than one calendar year since the expected term of entry, the student must re-apply by submitting the Application for Admission and Scholarships.
These are students who previously attended and did not graduate from UM-Dearborn and wish to return after not having been enrolled for at least one calendar year. (Even if a student took classes elsewhere after leaving UM-Dearborn, they are still considered a re-admitting student, not a transfer student.)
Re-admitting students complete a Re-Admission Form and submit it directly to the academic unit in which they wish to enroll. Re-admitted students are subject to the requirements in effect at the time of re-admission. If you want to change your program of study, contact the academic unit of the program to which you would like to change.
For questions about re-admission, contact your respective academic unit:
- College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters: 313-593-5293
- College of Business: 313-593-5460
- College of Education, Health, and Human Services: 313-593-5090
- College of Engineering and Computer Science: 313-593-5510
Changing Your Major
- Currently registered students, who wish to change their major, should contact an academic advisor in their current unit.
- New students, who have never taken a class, should contact the Office of Admissions and Orientation at 313-593-5100 if they wish to change their major.
If you are a graduate student wishing to change your major, please contact the Graduate Studies Office at 313-583-6321.