To be prepared for your semester at UM-Dearborn, please thoroughly review this information. Newly admitted Dual Enrollment students have a hold on their account, which prevents them from being able to register, until they have completed the form found on the bottom of this webpage.
Next Steps You Must Complete
- Your Wolverine Identity: Your will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on setting up your U-M uniqname and umich.edu email account. This email also includes your official 8-digit University of Michigan ID number (UMID). You will use these items to access various online services and campus resources, including online courses.
- University MCard: For students taking in-person classes, please follow the required safety protocols to receive a photo identification at MCard Information.
- Parking Permit: For students taking in-person classes, please follow the required safety protocols to receive a parking permit at Student Parking Website.
- Purchase or Rent Books: If possible, purchase or rent your books prior to the first day of class (if the professor has designated the books). For more information, visit the University Bookstore online.
- Two-Factor Authentication: You will need to complete your two-factor authentication to sign into services such as UM-Connect, Canvas, and University email.
Registration Information for New Dual Enrollees:
- Summer 2021: registration begin on April 14, 2021 (Summer I begins May 5, Summer II begins June 30)
- Fall 2021: registration begins on June 14, 2021 (Fall begins Sept. 1)
IMPORTANT: You will have a hold on your account, preventing registration, until you submit the form found on the bottom of this website to have the hold removed. Dual enrollees are strongly encouraged to begin their semester on time. If you are delayed in registering for Summer I, please consider Summer II classes instead. Shortened semesters are especially rigorous and missing any classes will impact your learning.
- Academic Calendar: For registration dates and drop/add deadlines, visit the Academic Calendar & Important Dates website. Please note: drop/add dates are listed under the specific semester section.
- Registration Instructions: For instructions on how to register for classes online, view the Registration Instructions Website.
- Understand the different instructional methods on how different courses will be taught.
- If the course you wish to take requires a Placement Exam, please contact the Placement Exam Coordinator, Theresa Malcom, at email@example.com. For more information, please visit the Freshman Placement Exam information page.
- For assistance with registering for classes, contact the Student Advising and Resource Team (START).
Financial Information/How to View Your Tuition Account
- Be aware of the tuition deadline.
- Information on paying your tuition and how to view your bill can be found here.
- The Student Accounts Office offers a payment plan, if needed.
- The University of Michigan-Dearborn offers a 50% tuition and fees scholarship for all Dual Enrollment students.
- Students may be eligible for additional tuition from their high school or the state of Michigan. The University of Michigan-Dearborn will facilitate billing.
You are eligible to utilize the following resources:
If you have questions, contact:
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.