Enrolled at another college/university?
Guest Program Highlights
- Winter 2021 classes are offered in a hybrid educational experience with many classes taught in a remote format and a limited number of classes taught in-person on campus. Search for Classes.
- It's a great opportunity to earn credits to transfer back to your home college/university (please note: it is your responsibility to determine whether the course(s) taken at UM-Dearborn will transfer).
- Guest students may enroll for a maximum of four semesters. A new application is required for each semester you wish to enroll. If you have previously taken classes at UM-Dearborn, the admission decision will also be based on your UM-Dearborn GPA.
- After you have been admitted to the University, you will receive information about the registration process.
- Guest Student Tuition & Fees.
Complete the Online Non-Degree Application
Select “Undergraduate Guest” if your home institution is a non-University of Michigan campus, or
Select “Undergraduate Guest/Consortium Agreement” if your home institution is UM-Ann Arbor or UM-Flint
Completed non-degree applications will be accepted until midnight the day prior to the start of classes each semester.
- College Transcript
- A posted cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better on your most recent (home institution) transcript is required to be admissible.
- If there are prerequisites for the class(es) you wish to take, your transcript(s) will be used to verify completion of those requirements so that you may receive the necessary overrides prior to registration.
- If prerequisite coursework necessary for your guest enrollment was taken anywhere other than your home institution, please submit those transcripts as well.
Please submit the application and transcript(s) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed guest applications will be accepted until midnight the day prior to the start of classes each semester.
Other University of Michigan Students (Ann Arbor or Flint campus)
- Students whose home institution in UM-Ann Arbor or UM-Flint are required to complete the Guest Application.
- Please be sure to include full and accurate information that will match your record at UM-Ann Arbor/Flint to ensure a smooth application process.
- Guest students from UM-Ann Arbor or UM-Flint are eligible to be considered for federal loans and Pell Grant because of a consortium agreement with each campus. For information on completing the financial aid process as a guest student from one of these campuses, please visit the Guest Student: Consortium web page.
Financial Considerations for non-UM Students
- Guest students are not considered regular degree-seeking students at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. They are not eligible to receive federal grants or loans and are not considered for UM-Dearborn assistance. As a guest student, special financial planning may be needed to meet educational expenses. For information on possible resources available, please visit the Guest Student: Non-Consortium web page.
For information on taking classes as an international guest student, please contact the Office of International at 313-583-6600 or visit the Office of International Affairs website.