Enrolled at another college/university?

Planning to be in the Dearborn area this summer for an extended stay? You can take classes at the University of Michigan-Dearborn as a guest student!

For All Important Dates This Semester:

Guest Program Highlights

  • Both day and evening classes are available for your convenience. Search for Classes.
  • It's a great opportunity to earn credits to transfer back to your home college/university. (Please note: it is your responsibility to determine whether the course(s) taken at UM-Dearborn will transfer.)
  • To be admitted as a guest student, you must submit a Guest Application (pdf) and Addendum (pdf). Your home college/university will complete part 2 of the application to certify that you:
    • Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better
    • Are in good standing
    • Are eligible to return to your home school
  • Guest students may enroll for a maximum of four semesters. A new application is required for each semester you wish to enroll. If you have previously taken classes at UM-Dearborn, the admission decision will also be based on your UM-Dearborn GPA.
  • If there are pre-requisites for any courses you wish to take, you will also need to submit a copy of your home college/university's transcript to verify that you have fulfilled the requirements and receive the necessary overrides prior to registration.
  • After you have been admitted to the University, you will receive information about the registration process.
  • Guest Student Tuition & Fees.

International Students

For information on taking classes as an international guest student, please contact the Office of International at 313-583-6600 or visit the Office of International Affairs website. 

Financial Considerations

  • Guest students are not considered regular degree-seeking students at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. They are not eligible to receive federal grants or loans and are not considered for UM-Dearborn assistance. As a guest student, special financial planning may be needed to meet educational expenses. For information on possible resources available, please visit the Guest Student: Non-Consortium web page.
  • Guest students from UM-Ann Arbor or UM-Flint are eligible to be considered for federal loans and Pell Grant because of a consortium agreement with each campus. For information on completing the financial aid process as a guest student from one of these campuses, please visit the Guest Student: Consortium web page.

Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Back to top of page