Transfer Admission Criteria
UM-Dearborn’s four academic colleges have their own admission criteria. Learn whether you meet the requirements within the college of your choice:
|College/Program||Required Minimum GPA|
|College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters||2.50|
|College of Business||2.70|
|College of Education, Health, and Human Services - Teacher Certification (elementary/secondary)||2.75|
|College of Education, Health, and Human Services - Health and Human Services, non-certification education programs||2.50|
|College of Engineering and Computer Science*||2.75|
* Students will either be admitted to Pre-Engineering or directly into their desired major. Learn more.
Recalculated GPA: For transfer purposes, your GPA will be recalculated to include only courses which are transferable. If you have received a grade of C- or lower in these classes, the credit will not transfer but the grade will be used in calculating your GPA for admission. In addition to the calculated GPA, trend of grades will be considered in determining admissibility.
- Winter Semester: December 22* (Classes begin January 13, 2021)
- Summer I Semester: April 22* (Classes begin May 5, 2021)
- Summer II Semester: June 22* (Classes begin June 30, 2021)
- Fall Semester: August 22* (Classes begin September 1, 2021)
*Please note semester start dates. It is recommended that students submit applications well in advance of the application deadlines to secure seats in your preferred classes. Courses fill quickly. UM-Dearborn may consider completed applications submitted after these deadlines, provided time and resources exist to allow for processing, advising and class registration prior to the start of classes.
Please note: Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 application decisions will be released starting on October 15, 2020.
Transferred students are encouraged to apply early in their final semester prior to enrollment at UM-Dearborn and in advance of the deadlines above. To apply, the following information is required:
- Submitted online application — it's free and easy!
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended
- Send directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Failure to disclose all schools you have attended may result in revocation of admission
- If you have completed fewer than 24 transferable credit hours, you must also submit:
- Final, official high school transcript(s)
- SAT and/or ACT test score(s)
- English language proficiency for non-native speakers
The primary purpose of the Statement of Student Rights and Code of Student Conduct is to assist the University in providing an environment which supports the educational process and the well-being of the campus community. The responsibility for maintaining such an environment is shared by all members of the campus community including faculty, staff, current and prospective students. Therefore, any person expressing interest in enrolling at the University of Michigan-Dearborn is expected to demonstrate behavior consistent with the Code of Conduct. Behaviors inconsistent with the Code of Student Conduct will not be tolerated. The University seeks applicants that demonstrate the potential to be contributing members of the campus community and reserves the right to deny admission based upon violation(s) of the Code of Student Conduct.
39% of our student body transferred to UM-Dearborn.