Students, faculty and staff use Mcards as photo ID at University of Michigan-Dearborn.

Government photo ID (driver's license, state ID, or passport) will be required at the time of Mcard issuance for all individuals.

Also students must have a copy of their current class registration in order to have a card printed.  Students must be currently enrolled in order to have a card printed.

As of August 6, 2018, the replacement fee has increased to $20 for lost, damaged, or stolen cards.  UM-Dearborn is now issuing "smart" cards for increased campus security.  All current cards will not be replaced; only individuals who need door access to a secure area on campus will be contacted regarding card replacement.  All new and replacement cards issued will be smart cards.

For questions or more information, please contact us at 


Currently registered students can obtain a new or replacement Photo ID card by going to the Information Desk in the University Center. Proof of current registration is required to obtain an identification card. The library requires this card in order to check out books.

There is a $20.00 fee to replace lost or stolen ID cards. The fee must be paid at the Student Accounts Office before an ID card can be replaced.

* Distance learning students - your academic department will request a Mcard on your behalf when you enroll in a new program.  An Mcard for a distance learning student will be issued without a picture.

Faculty and Staff

Campus faculty and staff can obtain a new or replacement Photo ID card at the Information Desk in the University Center. An Identification Card Request and Change Form must be filled out when requesting the first card or to change any card information. Additional information can be obtained from the Mcard website.

UM-Dearborn Mcard Form

Dearborn departments and units must complete this form for new Dearborn faculty, staff, and others (non-students) to request the first Mcard or for cardholders who are transferring to a new department.

This form is required for the issuance and replacement of expired cards for contractors, temporary employees, unpaid staff, vendors, and visitors.

Dearborn Mcard Request and Change Form

Expiring Cards

Mcard holders with cards approaching expiration may visit the Mcard station at the University Center Information Desk to request a new card within 30 days of the expiration date for replacement. All Mcard procedures apply.

Faculty and staff with expiring cards do not need to submit a new form as long as their appointment is current.

Students with expiring cards MUST present a CURRENT copy of their registered classes.  Students must be currently enrolled in order to receive a replacement card.


The Alumni Mcard is now available to be used as verification for UM-Dearborn graduates.  The cost to process the card is $20 and is valid for five (5) years.  Alumni must visit the Office of Alumni Engagement, 1190 Administration Building, to pick up a form verifying their status as a UM-Dearborn alumni.  Once complete, alumni can pay the $20 fee at the Student Accounts Office, and then visit the UC Information Desk with the form and receipt to have a card printed.

Discounts with valid Mcard

For more information about discounts you may be eligible for, visit the Mcard Discount Page.

University Union & Events

1133 - Information Desk
University Center (UC)
Back to top of page