Even though we may not all be together on campus, UM-Dearborn is still here for you to provide all of the resources you need to be successful. Below you will find ways to access numerous offices across campus while we are remote.
CASL Advising is conducting all appointments remotely. All remote appointments will be conducted via Google Hangouts Meet. With Google Hangouts Meet, students and advisors can meet virtually, which can include video and screen sharing, or over the phone. Appointments are available between 8-5 Monday through Friday. To make an appointment with a CASL Advisor, students should email us at email@example.com. Instructions for how to conduct a virtual or phone appointment will be emailed to students when they make the appointment. Visit their website for more information: https://umdearborn.edu/casl/undergraduate-programs/advising-academic-success
Students can book an appointment via our website for a Google Meet advising meeting:https://umdearborn.edu/cecs/undergraduate-programs/advising. Students can also email their assigned advisor directly.
Advisors are providing advising remotely through Zoom or Google Meet whichever is the preferred platform for students. They are able to process academic forms and answer questions through their email address. For more information about CEHHS Advising, visit their website: https://umdearborn.edu/cehhs/cehhs-office-student-success/academic-advising
- Students are able to email firstname.lastname@example.org or specific advisor
- Schedule an advising appointment
- Virtually through Zoom, BlueJeans, or Google Meet
- Phone Appointments
- Email Advising
- Drop-in Virtual Advising
Visit their website for more information: https://umdearborn.edu/cob/undergraduate-programs/advising-and-registration.
The START office is currently working remotely. The best way to contact the office or to schedule an appointment is by email at email@example.com. START will continue to monitor emails, as well as voicemail, during normal business hours. Their team is working remotely over email and Google Meet to support your academic advising needs. For more information about START Advising, visit their website: https://umdearborn.edu/students/academic-advising/student-advising-and-resource-team.
Student Success Resources
- CAPS is continuing to provide all services remotely.
- To access CAPS, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also call at 313-593-5430.
- If you need mental health support on weekends or after 5pm on weekdays, please call the after hours number at 1-855-275-1715.
- For this academic year, they also added Silvercloud as a resource all students, staff and faculty. Click the link for more information: https://umich.silvercloudhealth.com/
- All our workshops have been added to a CAPS playlist that can be found on UM Dearborn’s YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsglDkxBH6G4lBBphxIlnH8kb4mdnFJHN
CAPS is also providing drop-in services via Zoom, available 3-4 pm Monday - Friday. Click here to access a session.
- All Disability Services will continue to be offered remotely
- Appointments continue to be scheduled by visiting our website at https://umdearborn.edu/students/disability-services/getting-started-disability-service
- For up to date info on programming, please visit Disability Services website at https://umdearborn.edu/students/disability-services
Due to COVID-19, the UM-Dearborn Student Food Pantry is open by appointment only on Fridays from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m during the summer. Appointments must be requested by 5 p.m. the day before. Starting September 1st, the Student Food Pantry will be open by appointment only on Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. To request an appointment, email email@example.com.
- The foreign language lab computers can be accessed remotely via MiDesktop and AppsAnywhere. These computers include programs for language learning. Click this link for more information about accessing the computers remotely: https://umdearborn.edu/offices/information-technology-services/student-resources-working-and-studying-remotely
- Students can request online tutoring via this link: http://bit.ly/kflmlonline. Online tutoring is available for Spanish, German, French, and Arabic courses.
- UMich Students also have free online access to Mango Languages, Yabla and SCOLA at https://lsa.umich.edu/lrc/language-learning/subscriptions.html
- Online events are being planned for the fall.
This Fall semester our tutoring appointments will be fully remote and available to schedule on our website at https://umdearborn.edu/casl/undergraduate-programs/academic-support/math-learning-center. We are planning for short one-to-one sessions and a waiting room for students who need to return back with a tutor.
Please call and leave a message or send an email and Lee with connect with you:
Lee Savage, Ombudsperson
- View self-paced learning modules and practice problems online at umdearborn.edu/slc
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a Science Learning Center student assistant. You can schedule an appointment for help with a module topic, to complete a module post-test, or just to chat. Meetings are scheduled in 15-minute blocks, and are held via video-conferencing software. Visit our website, umdearborn.edu/slc, for more information. You’ll find our current hours, links to modules, and more detail on how to schedule appointments.
- Any questions? Please make an appointment to chat with an SLC assistant, or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students can reach us at ANY time to share a health, academic, technology, financial, or other concern. Student affairs will respond to any communications as soon as possible.
- Phone: 313-593-5056
- Available Monday-Friday
- Email: DearbornCOVIDsupport@umich.edu
- Tutoring will support one on one sessions, as well as group tutoring sessions, through an online setting. To schedule a tutoring consultation or session, please see the website at https://umdearborn.edu/academics/success-dearborn/academic-success-resources-tutoring for instructions and the sign-up button.
- Supplemental Instruction will hold group sessions depending on your course and section, also through an online setting. To check which classes are offering Supplemental Instruction sessions for the Fall, please see this website at https://umdearborn.edu/academics/success-dearborn/supplemental-instruction and your course syllabus for more details.
- The Writing Center will be offering virtual appointments during the 2020-21 academic year. Online appointments (synchronous) and eTutoring (asynchronous) are both open and available to students.
- You can make an appointment by signing up through our online scheduling system, https://umich.mywconline.com/. You can learn about how to prepare for an online or eTutoring appointment by visiting our website, https://umdearborn.edu/casl/undergraduate-programs/academic-support/writing-center/make-appointment.