Community College Transfers

We make it easy for you to transfer to the College of Business.

When transferring from a community college, there are multiple tools you can utilize to prepare yourself and ensure that you are maximizing your time. 

Community College Transfer Guides

The following guides list the courses at local community colleges that apply directly to the requirements of the Bachelor of Business Administration degree. If planning to pursue the BBA, students attending any of these schools should choose courses specified on these guides. They are designed for you to keep track of what courses you have completed. Students not attending one of these colleges may contact Cathy Boatin, College of Business Transfer Specialist, for assistance.

2+2 Articulation Agreements

An articulation is an agreement between a community college and UM-Dearborn which allows a student to complete a prescribed set of coursework at the community college and apply up to 68 credits towards the BBA at UM-Dearborn. Upon completion of the articulation agreement, students will have earned an associate degree and fulfilled the requirements of the Michigan Transfer Agreement. It is the responsibility of the student to notify the College of Business Student Services Office of their completion of an articulation agreement. 

The Michigan Transfer Agreement

The Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) permits transfer students to complete a 30-credit hour set of liberal arts coursework at a Michigan community college, then apply those classes towards a university degree within Michigan.

Course Transfer System

You can utilize UM-Dearborn's Course Transfer System to review courses that have been evaluated for transferability. Courses listed in the CTS, but not on the guides, can generally be used to fulfill elective credit requirements.

CLEP Credit

University of Michigan-Dearborn is now accepting CLEP credit from new students. Individuals desiring credit from CLEP examinations at the University must provide an official College Board CLEP score report for all exams taken PRIOR to enrollment at the university.   Credit will not be awarded for CLEP examinations taken after the start of a student’s first semester/term of enrollment at UM-Dearborn.

For more information regarding CLEP  credit, please contact the Admissions office.

Contact an Advisor

For advisor contact information or to schedule an appointment, please visit  Transfer Student Visit Opportunities 

Undergraduate Student Services Office

168 - Fairlane Center South
19000 Hubbard Drive
Dearborn, MI 48126
View on Map