University Transfers

We make it easy for you to transfer to the College of Business.

Students transferring from another school within the University of Michigan system may apply up to 90 credits. Students coming from any other university may utilize up to 75 of their transfer credits. Below are some tools you can use to prepare for transferring.

Determine if your Courses will Transfer

You can utilize UM-Dearborn's Course Transfer System to determine which of your completed courses have already been evaluated for transferability and what else you can take at your current school in preparation to transfer to UM-Dearborn.


Requesting Transfer Credit

Students may petition to receive credit for courses that have not been pre-approved. To have a course reviewed, you must supply a complete syllabus from the class, including:

  • title of the text book
  • topics taught
  • assignments required

Contact the COB Transfer Specialist for assistance with this process. 

Courses from AACSB International-institutions are often more likely to transfer than courses from a school that does not share this accreditation. To find out if your current university belongs to AACSB International, you can check their website. 

Meet with the College of Business Transfer Specialist

If you have any questions about the College of Business program requirements, transferable credits, or how to apply, feel free to contact me at 313-593-5460 or Whether you're planning for the future or are ready to transfer now, I would be happy to answer your questions by email, phone, or during an on-campus appointment.

University of Michigan-Dearborn is now accepting CLEP credit from new students. Individuals desiring credit from CLEP examinations at the University must provide an official College Board CLEP score report for all exams taken PRIOR to enrollment at the university.   Credit will not be awarded for CLEP examinations taken after the start of a student’s first semester/term of enrollment at UM-Dearborn.

For more information regarding CLEP  credit, please contact the Admissions office.

Undergraduate Student Services Office

168 - Fairlane Center South
19000 Hubbard Drive
Dearborn, MI 48126
View on Map