Remote Delivery Contact Information
Even though we may not all be together on campus, UM-Dearborn is still here for you to provide all of the resources you need to be successful. Below you will find ways to access numerous offices across campus while we are remote.
CASL Advising is conducting all appointments remotely. All remote appointments will be conducted via Google Hangouts Meet. With Google Hangouts Meet, students and advisors can meet virtually, which can include video and screen sharing, or over the phone. Appointments are available between 8-5 Monday through Friday. To make an appointment with a CASL Advisor, students should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructions for how to conduct a virtual or phone appointment will be emailed to students when they make the appointment. Visit their website for more information: https://umdearborn.edu/casl/undergraduate-programs/advising-academic-success
Beginning Tuesday, August 3, drop-in advising will be available from 11am-12pm and 3pm-4pm daily via the Zoom link on their website. During this time, online appointment scheduling will be unavailable.
Appointments are not always necessary. Please email your questions or concerns to your assigned advisor.
More information is available on their website: https://umdearborn.edu/cecs/undergraduate-programs/advising.
Advisors are providing advising remotely through Zoom or Google Meet, whichever is the preferred platform for students. They are able to process academic forms and answer questions through their email address. For more information about CEHHS Advising, visit their website: https://umdearborn.edu/cehhs/cehhs-office-student-success/academic-advising
- Students may email email@example.com or a specific advisor
- Schedule an advising appointment:
- Virtually through Zoom or Google Meet
- Phone Calls
- Drop-in Virtual Advising is also available
Visit their website for more information: https://umdearborn.edu/cob/undergraduate-programs/advising-and-registration.
The START office is currently working remotely. The best way to contact the office or to schedule an appointment is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. START will continue to monitor emails, as well as voicemail, during normal business hours. Their team is working remotely through email and Google Meet to support your academic advising needs. For more information about START Advising, visit their website: https://umdearborn.edu/students/academic-advising/student-advising-and-resource-team.
Student Success Resources
- CAPS is continuing to provide all services remotely.
- To access CAPS, please email email@example.com.
- You may also call 313-593-5430.
- If you need mental health support on weekends or after 5pm on weekdays, please call the after-hours number, 1-855-275-1715.
- For this academic year, Silvercloud has been added as a resource for all students, staff and faculty. For more information: https://umich.silvercloudhealth.com/
- All CAPS workshops have been added to a CAPS playlist on UM Dearborn’s YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsglDkxBH6G4lBBphxIlnH8kb4mdnFJHN
CAPS is also providing drop-in services via Zoom, available 3-4 pm, Monday - Friday. Access these services here.
- All services continue to be offered remotely
- Appointments continue to be scheduled by visiting the website: https://umdearborn.edu/students/disability-and-accessibility-services/getting-started-disability-and-accessibility-services
- For the latest programming information, please visit Disability Services website: https://umdearborn.edu/students/disability-and-accessibility-services
Due to COVID-19, the UM-Dearborn Student Food Pantry is open by appointment only. Starting June 1, 2021, the Student Food Pantry will be open on Tuesdays from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Thursdays from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance. To request an appointment, visit myumi.ch/0WyxY.
More information is available on their website: https://umdearborn.edu/students/office-student-life/civic-engagement/student-food-pantry
- The foreign language lab computers can be accessed remotely via MiDesktop and AppsAnywhere. These computers include programs for language learning. For information on accessing the computers remotely: https://umdearborn.edu/offices/information-technology-services/student-resources-working-and-studying-remotely
- Students can request online tutoring here: http://bit.ly/kflmlonline. Online tutoring is available for Spanish, German, French, and Arabic courses.
- UM students also have free online access to Mango Languages, Yabla and SCOLA at https://lsa.umich.edu/lrc/language-learning/subscriptions.html
- Check the website for the most up-to-date information: https://umdearborn.edu/casl/life-casl/labs-learning-centers/kochoff-language-lab
- The library will be physically open beginning Fall 2021:
- Sunday: 12 noon-9pm
- Mon-Thur: 9am-9pm
- Fri-Sat: closed
- All floors of the library building will be open to current staff, student and faculty use.
- Connect with librarians remotely through Chat, Text, Email, Phone, or Virtual Appointment! Visit Ask the Mardigian to connect: library.umd.umich.edu/ask
- Sunday: 12 noon-8pm
- Mon-Thu: 9am-8pm
- Fri: 9am-6pm
- Sat closed
- For more information: https://library.umd.umich.edu/
- Virtual tutoring is offered via Zoom
- To request an individual appointment, please email Jamie Hallas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regular drop-in tutoring services will resume in Fall 2021
- More information can be found on the website: https://umdearborn.edu/casl/undergraduate-programs/academic-support/math-learning-center
Please call and leave a message or send an email, and Lee with connect with you:
- Lee Savage, Ombudsperson
- View self-paced learning modules and practice problems at umdearborn.edu/slc
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a Science Learning Center student assistant-- for help with a module topic, to complete a module post-test, or just to chat. Meetings are scheduled in 15-minute blocks, and are held via video-conferencing software. For more information: umdearborn.edu/slc. You’ll find current hours, links to modules, and more details on how to schedule appointments.
- Any questions? Please make an appointment to chat with an SLC assistant, or reach out to us at email@example.com.
Students can reach us at ANY time to share health, academic, technology, financial, or other concerns. Student affairs will respond to all communications as soon as possible.
- Phone: 313-593-5056
- Available Monday-Friday
- Email: DearbornCOVIDsupport@umich.edu
Supplemental Instruction will hold group sessions, depending on your course and section, also through an online setting. To check which classes are offering Supplemental Instruction sessions please see https://umdearborn.edu/about/leadership/office-provost/academic-success/supplemental-instruction
- Tutoring will support one-on-one sessions, as well as group tutoring sessions, through an online setting. To schedule a tutoring consultation or session, please see https://umdearborn.edu/about/leadership/office-provost/academic-success/tutoring-online-tools
- The Writing Center will be offering virtual appointments. Online appointments (synchronous) and eTutoring (asynchronous) are both available to students.
- Make an appointment by signing up through the online scheduling system: https://umich.mywconline.com/. Learn how to prepare for an online or eTutoring appointment by visiting the website: https://umdearborn.edu/casl/undergraduate-programs/academic-support/writing-center/make-appointment.