Information for Non-Degree Admitted Students

If you were admitted in one of the following programs, please review the next steps below to take care of campus business and register for classes:

  • Alumni Enrichment Students (AE)
  • Dual Enrollment Students
  • Personal Enrichment Students (PE)
  • Post-Degree Teacher Certification
  • Prospective Degree Students (PDS)
  • Undergraduate Certificate Programs
  • Undergraduate Guest Students

Important Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: With the continually shifting situation regarding the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) public health emergency, the University is committed to protecting your health and safety by minimizing potential spread of the disease. Because of this precaution, the University is canceling events in support of the statewide "social distancing" strategy. Work is underway to provide students with virtual opportunities to experience our vibrant campus.

For information regarding UM-Dearborn's plan for Fall 2020, please visit: Plans for Fall 2020 Semester.

We encourage you to direct any immediate inquiries to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions email account which is actively monitored:

Next Steps

Your Wolverine Identity

When you were admitted, you should have received an email from with instructions on setting up your uniqname and email account. This email also included your 8-digit University of Michigan ID number (UMID).

You must have both the UMID and uniqname to sign up for placement exams and orientation, and register for classes. After you have created your uniqname, please allow two business days for it to be added to our system.

Prepare now by obtaining your uniqname and ensure you know your UMID. 

Academic Advising

Prospective Degree Students (PDS) 

You are required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for classes. You will receive academic advising from the START (Student Advising and Resource Team) Office. Please contact START to schedule your advising appointment. The office is now operating remotely and monitoring voicemail (313-593-5576) and email (

Guest, Personal Enrichment (PE), and Alumni Enrichment (AE) Students

You are not required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for classes.

Post-Degree Teacher Certification Students

It is very important to meet with your advisor at least once a year, even if only to clarify the sequence and/or semester in which courses should be taken. Please plan to schedule an advising appointment prior to or during your first semester on campus. For more information, email the College of Education, Health, and Human Services at

Dual Enrollment Students

All students must meet with the Dual Enrollment Coordinator prior to course registration. To schedule an appointment, please email: Please be sure that you have fulfilled the pre-requisites for your courses and that your high school has approved your course selections. Access to support services will also be available.

Undergraduate Certificate Program Students

  • Addiction Studies - Contact Amanda McBride to arrange for advising.
  • Applied Behavioral Analysis - Contact Amanda McBride to arrange for advising.
  • Arab American Studies – Contact Dr. Sally Howell at to arrange for advising.
  • Child Life Assistant - Contact Amanda McBride to arrange for advising.
  • Entrepreneurship or Financial PlanningContact College of Business at to arrange for advising.
  • Geospatial Analysis & MappingContact Dr. Jacob Napieralski at to arrange for advising.
  • LGBTQ StudiesContact Dr. Amy Brainer at to arrange for advising.
  • Math for Finance – Contact Dr. Jennifer Zhao at to arrange for advising.
  • Middle East Studies – Contact Dr. Camron Amin at to arrange for advising.
  • Practical Aspects of Computer Security – Contact the College of Engineering and Computer Science at to arrange for advising.
  • Pre-Professional Health - Contact Amanda McBride to arrange for advising.
  • Social Service Technician - Contact Amanda McBride to arrange for advising.
Placement Exams

For non-degree students that need to take the Mathematics placement exam because of their curricular choices, please contact the Placement Exam Coordinator, Theresa Malcom, at  For more information on the placement exam, please visit the Freshman or Transfer Placement Exam information pages.

Course Registration

The University is currently only allowing online registration for courses during the COVID-19 outbreak. 

Specific registration dates are set for each student based on program and credits earned toward program at UM-Dearborn (see time table at:

All Students who have satisfied pre-requisites for UM-Dearborn courses at another institution must submit a copy of that transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable) for verification.

  • Guest, Personal Enrichment, Alumni Enrichment, Undergraduate Certificate Programs and Dual Enrollment students: submit transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. For instructions, please email:
  • Prospective Degree Students: submit transcript to the START Office. A pre-requisite override will be issued  only if proof of satisfactory completion of the pre-requisite(s) is provided. For instructions, please email
Photo Identification Card

For students taking in-person classes, please follow the required safety protocols to receive a photo identification at Fall2020 MCard Information.

Parking Permit

For students taking in-person classes, please follow the required safety protocols to receive a parking permit at Student Parking Website. 


If possible, purchase or rent your books prior to the first day of class (if the professor has designated the books). For more information, visit the University Bookstore online.

Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Back to top of page