If you were admitted in one of the following programs, please review the next steps below to take care of campus business and register for classes:
- Alumni Enrichment Students (AE)
- Dual Enrollment Students
- Personal Enrichment Students (PE)
- Post-Degree Teacher Certification
- Prospective Degree Students (PDS)
- Undergraduate Certificate Programs
- Undergraduate Guest Students
Important Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: With the continually shifting situation regarding the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) public health emergency, the University is committed to protecting your health and safety by minimizing potential spread of the disease. Because of this precaution, the University is canceling events in support of the statewide "social distancing" strategy. Work is underway to provide students with virtual opportunities to experience our vibrant campus.
For information regarding UM-Dearborn's plan for Fall 2020, please visit: Plans for Fall 2020 Semester.
We encourage you to direct any immediate inquiries to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions email account which is actively monitored: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you were admitted, you should have received an email from email@example.com with instructions on setting up your uniqname and umich.edu email account. This email also included your 8-digit University of Michigan ID number (UMID).
You must have both the UMID and uniqname to sign up for placement exams and orientation, and register for classes. After you have created your uniqname, please allow two business days for it to be added to our system.
Prepare now by obtaining your uniqname and ensure you know your UMID.
Prospective Degree Students (PDS)
You are required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for classes. You will receive academic advising from the START (Student Advising and Resource Team) Office. Please contact START to schedule your advising appointment. The office is now operating remotely and monitoring voicemail (313-593-5576) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Guest, Personal Enrichment (PE), and Alumni Enrichment (AE) Students
You are not required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for classes.
Post-Degree Teacher Certification Students
It is very important to meet with your advisor at least once a year, even if only to clarify the sequence and/or semester in which courses should be taken. Please plan to schedule an advising appointment prior to or during your first semester on campus. For more information, email the College of Education, Health, and Human Services at email@example.com.
Dual Enrollment Students
All students must meet with the Dual Enrollment Coordinator prior to course registration. To schedule an appointment, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure that you have fulfilled the pre-requisites for your courses and that your high school has approved your course selections. Access to support services will also be available.
Undergraduate Certificate Program Students
- Addiction Studies - Contact Amanda McBride email@example.com to arrange for advising.
- Applied Behavioral Analysis - Contact Amanda McBride firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for advising.
- Arab American Studies – Contact Dr. Sally Howell at email@example.com to arrange for advising.
- Child Life Assistant - Contact Amanda McBride firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for advising.
- Entrepreneurship or Financial Planning – Contact College of Business at email@example.com to arrange for advising.
- Geospatial Analysis & Mapping – Contact Dr. Jacob Napieralski at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for advising.
- LGBTQ Studies – Contact Dr. Amy Brainer at email@example.com to arrange for advising.
- Math for Finance – Contact Dr. Jennifer Zhao at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for advising.
- Middle East Studies – Contact Dr. Camron Amin at email@example.com to arrange for advising.
- Practical Aspects of Computer Security – Contact the College of Engineering and Computer Science at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for advising.
- Pre-Professional Health - Contact Amanda McBride email@example.com to arrange for advising.
- Social Service Technician - Contact Amanda McBride firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for advising.
For non-degree students that need to take the Mathematics placement exam because of their curricular choices, please contact the Placement Exam Coordinator, Theresa Malcom, at email@example.com. For more information on the placement exam, please visit the Freshman or Transfer Placement Exam information pages.
The University is currently only allowing online registration for courses during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Web Registration using UM-Dearborn Connect, available at umdearborn.edu/students or go directly to: http://web-sis.umd.umich.edu.
Specific registration dates are set for each student based on program and credits earned toward program at UM-Dearborn (see time table at: umdearborn.edu/rr_reg-timetable).
All Students who have satisfied pre-requisites for UM-Dearborn courses at another institution must submit a copy of that transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable) for verification.
- Guest, Personal Enrichment, Alumni Enrichment, Undergraduate Certificate Programs and Dual Enrollment students: submit transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. For instructions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prospective Degree Students: submit transcript to the START Office. A pre-requisite override will be issued only if proof of satisfactory completion of the pre-requisite(s) is provided. For instructions, please email email@example.com.
For students taking in-person classes, please follow the required safety protocols to receive a photo identification at Fall2020 MCard Information.
For students taking in-person classes, please follow the required safety protocols to receive a parking permit at Student Parking Website.
If possible, purchase or rent your books prior to the first day of class (if the professor has designated the books). For more information, visit the University Bookstore online.