Admitted Non-Degree Students
If you were admitted in one of the following programs, please review the next steps below to take care of campus business and register for classes:
- Alumni Enrichment Students (AE)
- International and Exchange Guest*
- Personal Enrichment Students (PE)
- Post-Degree Teacher Certification
- Prospective Degree Students (PDS)
- Undergraduate Certificate Programs
- Undergraduate Guest Students
*International guest/exchange students will work with the Office of International Affairs (OIA) and their sponsoring academic unit and advisor to assist them with any questions they may have regarding the University, academic advising, and registration procedures. OIA can be reached by phone at 313-583-6600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Dual Enrollment Students, please find specialized information here.
We encourage you to direct any immediate inquiries to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions email account which is actively monitored: email@example.com.
When you were admitted, you should have received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on setting up your uniqname and umich.edu email account. This email also included your 8-digit University of Michigan ID number (UMID).
You must have both the UMID and uniqname to sign up for placement exams and orientation, and register for classes. After you have created your uniqname, please allow two business days for it to be added to our system.
Prepare now by obtaining your uniqname and ensure you know your UMID.
Prospective Degree Students (PDS)
You are required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for classes. You will receive academic advising from the Student Advising and Resource Team (START). Please contact START at 313-593-5576 or email@example.com to schedule your advising appointment.
Guest, Personal Enrichment (PE), and Alumni Enrichment (AE) Students
You are not required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for classes. However, if you need assistance, please contact the Student Advising and Resource Team (START).
Post-Degree Teacher Certification Students
It is very important to meet with your advisor at least once a year, even if only to clarify the sequence and/or semester in which courses should be taken. Please plan to schedule an advising appointment prior to or during your first semester on campus. For more information, email the College of Education, Health, and Human Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate Certificate Program Students
- Addiction Studies - Contact Amanda McBride email@example.com to arrange for advising.
- Applied Behavioral Analysis - Contact Amanda McBride firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for advising.
- Arab American Studies – Contact Dr. Sally Howell at email@example.com to arrange for advising.
- Child Life Assistant - Contact Amanda McBride firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for advising.
- Entrepreneurship or Financial Planning – Contact College of Business at email@example.com to arrange for advising.
- Geospatial Analysis & Mapping – Contact Dr. Jacob Napieralski at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for advising.
- LGBTQ Studies – Contact Dr. Amy Brainer at email@example.com to arrange for advising.
- Math for Finance – Contact Dr. Jennifer Zhao at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for advising.
- Middle East Studies – Contact Dr. Camron Amin at email@example.com to arrange for advising.
- Practical Aspects of Computer Security – Contact the College of Engineering and Computer Science at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for advising.
- Pre-Professional Health - Contact Amanda McBride email@example.com to arrange for advising.
- Social Service Technician - Contact Amanda McBride firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for advising.
Students register for courses online using their My UM-Dearborn Student Portal.
Specific registration dates are set for each student based on program and credits earned toward program at UM-Dearborn (see time table at: umdearborn.edu/rr_reg-timetable).
All Students who have satisfied pre-requisites for UM-Dearborn courses at another institution must submit a copy of that transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable) for verification.
- Guest, Personal Enrichment, Alumni Enrichment, and Undergraduate Certificate Programs students: submit transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. For instructions, please email: email@example.com.
- Prospective Degree Students: submit transcript to the START Office. A pre-requisite override will be issued only if proof of satisfactory completion of the pre-requisite(s) is provided. For instructions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For students taking in-person classes, students will need to schedule an appointment to take their photo and receive their MCard or student ID. You can find more information about this process and schedule an appointment through the University Unions and Events office.
- For up-to-date information on the University's policies in regards to COVID-19, please visit UM-Dearborn's COVID Website.
- The university vaccination policy will continue this winter. This means all new students, or students coming back to campus for an in-person class must be in compliance with the vaccination policy, by Monday, January 3, 2022.
- Face coverings will be required for all students, staff, faculty and visitors in indoor settings and on transportation, regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings are not required outdoors. Face coverings can be removed briefly for eating and drinking.
- All faculty, staff and students must continue to do the ResponsiBLUE health screening before coming to campus daily.