Dean's List/Academic Awards
At the College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters and at the University of Michigan-Dearborn, our students are recognized for their achievements both inside and outside the classroom.
A student qualifies for the full-time Dean’s List or a part-time Dean's List if he or she meets certain conditions.
A student qualifies for the full-time Dean’s List if he or she meets two conditions:
- has completed during the term at least 12 credit hours of graded (A-E) coursework toward degree.
- has achieved a 3.50 or better term GPA
CASL also generates a "part-time" Dean’s List for Fall and Winter semesters combined. To qualify for this list a student must:
- attend both Fall and Winter semesters of a given academic year.
- complete a minimum of 12 credit hours of graded (A-E) coursework in Fall and Winter combined.
- officially registered for fewer than 12 credit hours of graded (A-E) coursework in Fall, and fewer than 12 in Winter.
- achieve minimum term GPAs of 3.50 in both Fall and Winter.
Note: Students who have I, X, or Y notations or academic sanctions are not eligible to be included in the Dean’s List. The lists prepared each semester (Fall,Winter,Summer) are posted online.
Part-time Fall 2022 and Winter 2023
Part-time Fall 2021 and Winter 2022
Part-time Fall 2020 and Winter 2021
Part-time Fall 2019 and Winter 2020
Honors Convocation - Honor Scholars
Students who have achieved superior academic performance are invited to, and individually recognized, at the Honors Convocation, held each year in late March.
Students who have achieved superior academic performance are invited to, and individually recognized, at the Honors Convocation, held each year in late March. Students honored include those receiving Undergraduate and Graduate Excellence Awards, as well as Honor Scholars in undergraduate and graduate degree programs who are recipients of discipline awards. A student with academic sanctions is not eligible for the award. For further information, contact the Office of the Provost, 1080 AB, 313-593-5030.
2022 College of Arts, Sciences, & Letters Honor Scholars
- Actuarial Mathematics: Ovidiu Apintei
- Anthropology: Madelyn G. Vasbinder
- Applied Statistics: Ameila Felkowski
- Art History: Nicole Gonzales
- Behavioral and Biological Sciences: Joshua M. Polgar
- Behavioral Sciences: Zeena Mestari
- Biochemistry: Tejas Athavale
- Biological Sciences: John Shaheen
- Chemistry (ACS Certified): Jonathan Bilko
- Communication: Adriana Laura
- Criminology and Criminal Justice: Adam Groat
- Economics: Victoria L. Johnson
- English: Sara Roza
- Environmental Science: Rebecca Zasadny
- Environmental Studies: Katie Gallagher
- French Studies: Zahraa Zamat
- Geological Sciences: Gina Boyanowski
- Hispanic Studies/Spanish: Olivia Colborn
- History: Mackenzie Kortes
- International Studies: Bradley Kwalton
- Mathematics: Mark Boyanowski
- Microbiology: Eman Jassem
- Philosophy: Fatima Najdi
- Physics: Sophia Tatro
- Political Science: Pandora Pando
- Psychology: Zeena R. Whayeb
- Sociology: Addison H. Mussen
- Urban and Regional Studies: Gina Boyanowski
- Graduate Program in Applied and Computational Mathematics: Brianna Pio
- Graduate Program in Environmental Science: Renato Marimon-Alvarez
- Graduate Program in Psychology: Lindsey M. Bookman
- Graduate Program in Public Administration: Vanessa Mayesky
- Graduate Program in Public Administration and Policy: Nickolai Kanagawa
Chancellor's and Dean's Medallion
Each semester, UM-Dearborn honors a very select group of students with a medallion. Chosen by faculty from their respective colleges, graduates are recognized for their outstanding quality of character, vitality, intellect, integrity and academic record.
To acknowledge the number of strong medallion candidates among UM-Dearborn’s top graduates, instead of one or two graduates per college selected, three medallions recipients are awarded per college starting with the Fall 2021 alumni — with one of those students receiving the top Chancellor’s Medallion.
- 2022 Winter Commencement: Tejas Athavale, Katarina Moore and Zenon Sommers
- 2021 Fall Commencement: Daniel Arini, Ramzi Bitar and Angelia Pusino
- 2021 Winter Commencement: James Carzon and Islam Jaffal
- 2020 Fall Commencement: Molly DeWyse and Brandon Klein
- 2020 Winter Commencement: Lena Juratli and Ellie White
- 2019 Fall Commencement: Gabriella Oudsema and Noah Vowell
- 2019 Winter Commencement: Matthew Fleming and Thomas Sutter
- 2018 Fall Commencement: Con Lustig and Majd Faraj
- 2018 Winter Commencement: Monica De Roche and Brock Rowberry
- 2017 Fall Commencement: Sumer Ghazala and Bryce Michelle Weick
- 2017 Winter Commencement: Jamie Jeffries and Nic Jones
- 2016 Fall Commencement: Angelina Camilleri and Joshua Postel
- 2016 Winter Commencement: Hina Haider and Jessica Snow
- 2015 Fall Commencement: Thomaz Carvalhaes and Joseph Gaber
- 2015 Winter Commencement: Katherine Pfannes and David Renard
Nominated by faculty, staff and peers, UM-Dearborn Difference Makers are outstanding students and alumni.
Nominated by faculty, staff and peers, UM-Dearborn Difference Makers are outstanding students and alumni. They are at the forefront of their fields, embodying academic and professional achievement, integrity, leadership and creative contribution to improve the lives of others in southeast Michigan communities. For more information, please see the Michigan Difference Makers website.
Additional Academic Awards
Students who earn straight A's (A+,A,A-) for two or more consecutive terms with a minimum of 14 credit hours toward degree, of which at least 12 must be graded A-E, are named James B. Angell scholars. This distinction is noted on the student's transcript.
First-term freshmen who rank in the upper five percent of their class and earn 14 credit hours toward degree and at least a 3.50 GPA on any campus and in any unit of the University of Michigan are named recipients of the William J. Branstrom Prize. This distinction is noted on the student’s transcript.
Awarded to students who have achieved a 3.50 GPA and earn 14 credit hours toward degree (of which at least 12 credit hours are graded A-E). This distinction is noted on the student’s transcript after fall and winter terms only.
Advising and Academic Success
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map