University of Michigan-Dearborn serves highly motivated candidates whose accomplishments suggest the ability to successfully complete a rigorous program of graduate study.
Applicants are advised that additional admission requirements may be needed for certain programs. Please refer to the representative websites for each program’s specific requirements. Detailed information about the admission process can be found here.
The following list generalizes our requirements for admission consideration.
- A completed graduate admissions application and application fee.
- Official transcripts showing conferral of a bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution. Please refer to individual program websites for specific GPA requirements.
- Some programs require prerequisites (i.e. undergraduate degree or major required, any academic standardized test scores, prerequisite courses, work experience or other credential that might be required).
Classes can fill up quickly, so students are encouraged to register as soon as possible once they are admitted. Registering confirms your admission to UM-Dearborn.
After you have been accepted to a graduate program, you may register for courses online or in person.
- The Course Catalog and current Schedules of Classes can be viewed on the Registration website.
- Information on how to register can be found on the Registration Instructions website.
Please note: If you do not have your UMID#, please contact the Office of Graduate Studies at [email protected] or 313-583-6321.
- Information on course descriptions and UM-Dearborn policies and procedures are available on the Graduate Studies website.
- Rackham policies and procedures are available on the Rackham Graduate School Policies, Procedures and Forms website. (Pertains to MPA, Environmental Science and Applied and Computational Math admitted students through Summer 2019.)
- After registering for classes, please obtain a Student Parking Permit and a U-M Student ID Card by taking a copy of your class schedule to the Information Desk at the front entrance of the University Center. (UC)
- The UM-Dearborn Bookstore is located in the University Center (UC). For more information on the bookstore, including textbook purchases please visit their website.
- For directions to the campus, please view the Campus Map.
If you receive any Registration Errors/Restrictions when registering, or require any other information, please contact CASL Advising at 313-593-5293 or [email protected]. Have the following information ready to share:
- Full Name
- UM ID
- Course Name (ex: CRJ XXX)
- CRN Number (ex: 12345)
- Registration Error Received
The University of Michigan-Dearborn welcomes applications from qualified international students. Information about how to apply and requirements can be found on the Graduate Studies "How to Apply" page.