CASL Administration staff welcomes you to the 2020-21 school year!
The mission of the College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters Dean's Office is to create an environment that enhances student success, faculty excellence, staff development, and the integrity and quality of all CASL academic programs by providing support for enrollment management, recruitment and outreach, curriculum and data analytics, communication services, human resource management, and financial operations.
The College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters Dean’s Office aligns the college's resources to support an outstanding liberal arts education that champions diversity, inclusion, creative thought, and personal excellence designed to empower our students, faculty, and staff to be positive change agents within our communities.
Responsibilities within the Office and College
- The review, promotion, recruitment, and retention of all faculty in the Arts, Sciences, and Letters while also overseeing assessment activities and reviews of academic departments and programs.
- The academic administration, operational and financial management, long-term academic and financial planning, and overall direction of the college.
- Fundraising in the Arts, Sciences, and Letters.
- Ensuring student success and the integrity/quality of all CASL academic programs.
- Graduate Programs
- Program Reviews
- High Impact Practices
- Co-op/Internship Experience
- First Year Experience
- Digital Education
- Undergraduate Research
- Independent/Directed Studies
- CASL Data Analytics
- Academic Integrity
- Undergraduate Programs
- Enrollment Management
- Curriculum Development and Scheduling
- College-Wide Programs
- Course Scheduling
- Study Away/Abroad Experience
- Capital Projects
- HR Administration
- CASL Dean's Calendar
- Office Operations
- Meeting Minutes for Ad Council and Exec Committee
- Department Access Coordinator (DAC)
- Sandy Conference Room Scheduling
Administrative Assistant duties
- Office operations
- Financial support
- HR support
- Promotion and Tenure
- Sabbatical Leaves of Absence
- College Policies and Procedures
- Analyze, recommend, implement college and department marketing and communication plans
- Manage the college's website as web ambassador/editor
- Oversee marketing and communication projects and printing needs, including enewsletters, online forms, monitor requests, event/marketing materials
- Social Media management for CASL's social platforms
- Undergraduate research event planner
- Retention strategies for CASL
- Student success initiatives
- Data analysis, collection and organization
- Assessment of retention and student success
- Facilitation of articulation agreements and MOUs
- Collaboration with campus-wide recruitment and retention initiatives
- Facilitate recruitment strategies for undergraduate and graduate platforms
- New and existing business processes
- Research and grant support
- Enrollment and data analytics