About the Competition
This site provides the documents which describe the objectives and guidelines for Senior Design Competition in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. These guidelines will provide the faculty and their students with the necessary format for the development of the final report, oral presentation of the results, and the judging criteria.
Elsayed A. Orady, Ph.D.
Tel : (313) 593-5581
News / Announcements
- All projects during the current academic year are qualified.
- "ALL" engineering and computer science faculty could participate in SDC event.
- All projects and teams will participate in poster presentations in the afternoon.
- Each department will provide the name of one reviewer. The senior design coordinator selects one reviewer from local industry. The objective is to have between five or six judges from local industry.
- There will be a minimum of one and a maximum of two projects from each department that will be selected for the competition.
- The departmental committee will select the projects to participate in SDC.
- Departments that submit one project are not qualified for the departmental awards, but they would be able to compete for the overall CECS award
- All SD/ID projects displayed in the afternoon of SDD will compete for two new awards. One award is for the Most Innovative Senior Design project as determined by a special panel of judges. The other award is the People's Choice Award for the best SD/IP project as voted by the visitors to the SD/ID project displays.