Every year, a number of engineering and computer science students are honored for their achievements in academics, community service, and competitions. Please join us in recognizing and congratulating them on their success.
The Dean's List
Students with a semester GPA of 3.5 or above in at least twelve credits of degree courses are placed on the Dean's List. Students with a final cumulative GPA between 3.2 and 3.59 graduate with distinction; those with 3.6 or above graduate with high distinction. Contact the Advising Office for more information.
Distinguished Graduate Student Researchers
The College of Engineering and Computer Science recognizes graduate students who demonstrate excellence in research at UM-Dearborn. A faculty member may nominate any student currently enrolled in a graduate program at CECS. Each winter, up to three winners will be recognized with a signed certificate from the dean and a $1,000 award. Nominations for the 2019 awards will open in the fall semester.
Each fall and winter term one graduating senior from the College of Engineering and Computer Science is chosen as a Chancellor’s Medallion recipient based on their scholarship, leadership and service.
Chancellor's Medallion Recipients
- Winter 2018: Stephen Mara (B.S.E. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering)
- Fall 2017: Rodolfo Lozano (B.S.E. in Electrical Engineering)
- Winter 2017: Brandon Lee (B.S.E. Mechanical Engineering)
- Fall 2016: Fariha Rafiq (B.S.E Industrial and Systems Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering)
- Winter 2016: Brandon Schwartz (B.S.E. Mechanical Engineering)
- Fall 2015: Chelsea Szpond (B.S.E. Industrial and Systems Engineering)
- Winter 2015: Kevin Comben (B.S.E. Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Fall 2014: Joseph Zywiol (B.S.E. Industrial and Systems Engineering)
- Winter 2014: Jonathan Suchara (B.S. Computer and Information Science)
- Fall 2013: Vijay Natarajan (B.S.E. Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Winter 2013: Molly Pohutski (B.S. Computer and Information Science)
The Honor Scholars Awards are organized by the Provost's Office and recipients are recognized at the Honors Convocation.The award is given to one student in each degree major. Undergraduate students must have at least a 3.3 cumulative GPA and a minimum of 90 credit hours earned to qualify. Graduate students must have at least a 7.0 cumulative GPA and a minimum or 75 percent of their program completed to qualify.
Nominated by faculty, staff and peers, UM-Dearborn Difference Makers are outstanding students and alumni. They are at the forefront of their fields, embodying academic and professional achievement, integrity, leadership and creative contribution to improve the lives of others in southeast Michigan communities. For more information, please see the Michigan Difference Makers website.