All College of Education, Health, and Human Services (CEHHS) undergraduate students are encouraged to meet with a professional Academic Advisor each semester.
Our Academic Advisors are here to help you define your goals and chart the most efficient path to graduation! We recommend you meet with your advisor at least one time per semester to ensure you are on the right track.
You can utilize your advising appointments for things like:
- course planning
- goal setting
- change of major or selection of major
- assistance understanding the university's academic policies and procedures
- degree and graduation audits
- addressing academic challenges and barriers
- filling out petitions
- referrals to other services
If you have questions regarding financial aid, please contact the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships. If you have questions regarding commencement or transcripts, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
For Prospective Students
CEHHS Advisors are available to meet with students transferring from other institutions as well as graduating high school seniors.
- Prospective student appointments are utilized to discuss program requirements, transfer credits, and to provide guidance on major selection, if needed.
- To schedule a prospective student advising appointment, please complete the CEHHS Prospective Student Appointment Request Form.
- If you are a transfer student, this form will require you to attach unofficial copies of your transcript(s) for review.
- Once you have submitted the form, please allow 2-3 business days for our office to contact you to set up an appointment.
- Please note that our advisors cannot meet with prospective students during the following periods:
- First two weeks of September
- October 15- November 15
- First two weeks of January
- March 15- April 15
For New Students at UM-Dearborn
The Student Advising and Resource Team (START) helps students to begin their academic career at UM-Dearborn.
START advising is for those students who are:
- Freshmen who have completed 0-30 credits in good academic standing at UM-Dearborn
- Transfer students who have completed 0-23 credits in good academic standing at UM-Dearborn
START Advisor for CEHHS:
For UM-Dearborn Current Students
Our Academic Advisors serve all students in the College of Education, Health, and Human Services once you have met the requirements in START Advising. To schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor, call the CEHHS Office of Student Success: 313-593-5090.
Lindsey Tarrant Bookman
Director of Advising & Records
Assistant Director of Advising & Records