The UM-Dearborn Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) has been awarded the Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) grant from the Michigan Department of Education.
The program was designed to provide high-quality preschool to children and families who meet eligibility requirements.
In order to qualify, children must be four years of age by December 1st of the enrollment year, and meet financial and/or other qualifying factors. Additional requirements can be found at the Great Start Readiness Program Website.
Program enrollment is dependent upon Michigan Department of Education funding. Application are available below for the 2021-2022 school year. Acceptance will start mid to end of July, pending governor approval and following the Wayne County GSRP guidelines.
GSRP Application Process
- Complete the GSRP 21-22 Enrollment Packet
- Gather updated health appraisal & immunization record from child's physician (form is in enrollment packet)
- Gather supporting documentation (birth certificate, guardian ID, income verification, etc.)
- Gather additional supporting documentation if applicable (IEP, developmental documentation, etc.)
- Call 313-593-5424 to schedule your application intake appointment
Please note that incomplete applications will NOT be accepted, and intake appointment will be required to reschedule once all documentation is gathered.
Once the 2021-2022 Grant is approved through the Governor of Michigan, the application registration will begin based on GSRP regulations.
GSRP 20/21 PARENT HANDBOOK
GSRP 20/21 DAILY SCHEDULE
Enrollment of children in the Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) begins annually after the governor signs the state aid bill authorizing the grat. Programs recruit eligible children and have families complete the application process. Once authorization is received from MDE and/or the governor's office, families may be notified. Under no circumstances will children be enrolled prior to the governor signing the bill.
Should the governor sign early (April, May, June) no child will be enrolled prior to July 1 in that calendar year. This allows a more fair and equitable opportunity for families with the greatest need to be prioritized.
Programs will use a waitlist to track children as they are enrolled. To ensure that the neediest of families are served quintiles will be used to determine eligibility.
Process for enrolling children in GSRP for 2019-2020 enroll eligible children who will be 4 years old by September 1, 2018
- Children turning 4 years old between the dates of September 2nd through December 1st, 2019 must be enrolled after September 1st.
Effective: January 31, 2019 - The Wayne County Regional Educational Service Agency