Both "Inside" and "Outside" students share their thoughts.
What will you tell others about Inside-Out?
- I would tell a friend that Inside-Out is an absolutely incredible life changing experience. –Angelina
- That it is a great experience and has become my favorite class….It is eye opening and totally changed my outlook on prison systems today. –Skylar
- I would tell them that it was a class that I will more than likely remember the most from my college experience. –Robert
- Inside-Out will allow you to free your mind, have fun, and discuss thoughts and feelings you never thought you had. –Cisco
- It’s a great way to exercise social skills and positive interaction with people….whose thought patterns have not been molded to the prison system. –Zach
- [I]t’s a class that every college student needs to take. –Nick
- It made me realize that it is possible to get along with those who didn’t choose the same path as you. –Robert
- I always knew education was the key to success. I just never believed in myself enough to think it was an avenue I was capable of taking. –Kenny
Inside Out has shown me more holistically, that all people are just that – people. No one person is greater or less than another. –Myka
What has Inside-Out meant to you?
- It has meant feeling human again after 44 years of prison. –Keith
- It has meant that no matter who you are or where you come from you can come together and find ways to better an individual and a system. –Shannon
- I learned a lot about mass incarceration and how broken the system really is. I never knew about these issues, and I have over 15 years in prison right now. –Rich
- I am grateful to be able to hear first hand information from the inside students. –Synia
- It taught me to never judge a person by his past because everyone has the future coming their way. –Amjed
- The class was very touching and insightful. I opened up in this class more than in any other class. –Rana
- My formal education stopped at 7th grade. To experience a real college classroom situation and do real college level work makes me feel like I can do anything. –Kibwé
- Coming at a time in my life that uplifting was necessary, Inside-Out taught me the meaning of compassion and understanding. –Cisco
- Getting to know everyone and talk about the current issues that hurt us all…and seeing the passion to try to find a solution…gave me great hope. –Tyrone