History students at UM-Dearborn create a History Portfolio as part of their studies.
Please access this tutorial video on creating a History Portfolio.
The History portfolio consists of the following components:
- An archive of at least four significant assignments/papers from upper-division (300 and above) history courses taken at UM-Dearborn
- including your major paper from HIST 300
- including at least one paper from a senior-level course (HIST 4XX or HIST 4XXX)
- including your general comments on the quality of work demonstrated by these assignments
- A "Capstone Reflection" that highlights assignments that you feel best demonstrates your mastery of EACH of the learning outcomes for History concentrators.
Creating Your History Portfolio
1. Open a web browser ( Google Chrome works best)
2. Go to email.umich.edu and login using your Kerberos login and password
3. Click on Sites in the top menu
4. Click on the red Create button
5. Select Classic Sites
6. Click on Browse the gallery for more
7. Search for “UMD History” and select the UMD History MPortfolio Template (click “Gadget from Template Directory”)
8. Give your portfolio a Name and modify the site location so it is easy for someone to remember (ex: your uniquename or first name; this will be the address people will use to access your portfolio).
9. Click on Create
To learn how to edit your portfolio, watch this video tutorial: Basic Editing of MPortfolio. (watch video)
10. When you are done personalizing your portfolio, click on save.
To make changes later, follow steps 1-3 above. This time you will see your portfolio listed. Click on the name of your portfolio to begin editing.
11. Important: prior to submitting your portfolio, make sure to share your portfolio by following the instructions in this video: Sharing Your MPortfolio (watch video)
When you are done editing and changing the sharing permissions, email the link to your portfolio to email@example.com by the last day of exams for the term in which you wish to graduate.