History students at UM-Dearborn create a History Portfolio as part of their studies.
The History portfolio consists of the following components:
- An archive of at least four significant assignments/papers from upper-division (300 and above) history courses taken at UM-Dearborn
- including your major paper from HIST 300
- including at least one paper from a senior-level course (HIST 4XX or HIST 4XXX)
- including your general comments on the quality of work demonstrated by these assignments
- A "Capstone Reflection" that highlights assignments that you feel best demonstrates your mastery of EACH of the learning outcomes for History concentrators.
ALERT: Google Sites is changing from “Classic” to “New”, and we are adjusting our portfolio template as a result. Depending on where you are in your major, here’s what you need to do during this transition:
- If you have already created your history portfolio site in Google “Classic” sites, please convert your existing Classic site to the New Google sites following this procedure.
- If you have already taken History 300 but have NOT yet created a portfolio site, please see these instructions for creating a portfolio in the New Google Sites here.
- If you have not yet taken History 300, just hang tight: you will be provided with a Google site shell and guided through the creation process during that course.
When you are done editing and changing the sharing permissions, submit your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by the last day of exams for the term in which you wish to graduate.