Incidents Involving Employees

If a worker gets injured while on the job they are encouraged to seek medical attention, if necessary. When the injury is of a serious nature, this can be done by calling the UM-Dearborn Department of Public Safety at 313-593-5333 from a mobile phone or 911 from a campus phone. UM-Dearborn Public Safety will administer first aid and request for an ambulance to send the employee to a local ER if the injury warrants such a response.

If the injury is not serious (mildly sprained ankle, etc.), the employee should contact their supervisor, and follow the injury reporting process, below. If the cause if the injury is a safety issue that others may injure themselves similarly (i.e., broken concrete, ice on the sidewalk, missing/ loose handrail in a stairwell), UM-Dearborn Public Safety should be notified to write up an incident report. The report will initiate corrective actions by generating a Facilities Operations work order. EHS will become involved when notified of the unsafe condition by the police.

For all non-emergency (non-life threatening) assessments and /or medical treatments, direct the employee (faculty or staff) to Concentra Medical Center, 17500 Federal Drive, Ste. 750, Allen Park, MI 313-982-1370. This is the assigned clinic for all work-related injuries for the University of Michigan-Dearborn and it provides medical services from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday thru Friday.

During after-hours and weekends, direct employee (faculty or staff) to Concentra Medical Center, 11700 Metro Airport Center Drive, Ste. 104, Romulus, MI 734-955-7000. this is a 24 hour, 7 days a week clinic.

Your supervisor will need to complete a Concentra Authorization for Examination or Treatment Form for you to be treated. Take this completed form with you. If you go to the clinic without a form, the clerk will need to call your supervisor for a verbal authorization and a form will need to be faxed or scanned/ emailed to the clinic for treatment to be approved.

If treatment for your injury cannot wait, please go to Henry Ford Medical Center - Fairlane Emergency Room if you require immediate care. UM-Dearborn Department of Public Safety will assist by contacting EMS to transport you to the ER. Paperwork can be completed after you are treated in this instance.

Environmental Health and Safety

108 - Auxiliary Program Center
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map
Phone: 313-583-6679
Fax: 313-493-9161