Mold

Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on any organic substance, as long as moisture and oxygen are present.

There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, foods, and insulation. When moisture accumulates in buildings or on building materials, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or unaddressed. Mold and mold spores cannot be completely eliminated in the indoor environment, but mold growth can be limited indoors by controlling indoor moisture.

When mold spores are present in large quantities, they can present a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems. Symptoms of mold exposure are non-specific; watery, itchy eyes, a chronic cough, headaches or migraines, difficulty breathing, rashes, tiredness, sinus problems, nasal blockage and frequent sneezing.

Environmental Health and Safety

1330 - Campus Support Services Building
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map
Phone: 313-583-6679
Fax: 313-493-9161