Learn about CASL degree requirements.
All CASL students must meet certain requirements to earn a degree. Those requirements are outlined in detail in the Undergraduate Catalog and in a current student's Degree Works audit. To graduate, all students must:
- meet credit hour minimums, both overall and at the upper level
- complete all Dearborn Discovery Core requirements (click the button below for more info on Dearborn Discover Core)
- satisfy the Foreign Language requirement
- complete a Foundations course (for students admitted or readmitted Fall 2020 forward)
- complete all major requirements
- have a 2.0 minimum GPA overall, in the Dearborn Discovery Core, and in any major or minor
There are many other requirements and policies that students should be aware of as they complete their degree. Students are expected to read the Undergraduate Catalog and know the rules that are in place to protect the integrity and value of the UM-Dearborn degree that they are working so hard to earn. CASL advisors are here to help you understand and navigate your way through your degree program. As you read the catalog, if you have questions or need clarification, please meet with us or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.