Learn about readmission to UM-Dearborn.

Students who were previously enrolled as degree-seeking students, did not graduate from UM-Dearborn, and have not registered for any courses at UM-Dearborn during a 12-month period must apply for readmission in order to resume studies here. Students should complete and submit a Readmission form (below) to the academic unit in which they now wish to enroll. A student wishing to readmit to the College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters should submit a completed form to CASL Advising and Academic Success at: [email protected]. Generally, the form must be submitted a week and a half before the start of the semester. The exact deadline will be posted on the CASL Advising home page. This deadline exists to ensure that readmit students can receive accurate advising prior to registration. Readmission forms received after the deadline will be reviewed, but if a complicated situation exists, such as probation or a significant change in requirements, students may need to wait for the subsequent semester to return to UM-Dearborn. 

If you took courses at another college or university while you were away from UM-Dearborn you should submit an unofficial transcript with your Readmission form.  After readmission, you will have a registration hold until an official transcript is received.  Have the official transcript sent directly to Undergraduate Admissions at [email protected].

Official transcripts should be sent to:   EMAIL SUBMISSION IS PREFERRED

Email: [email protected]

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1145 - James C. Renick University Center
University of Michigan-Dearborn
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128-2406

Readmission FAQ

Advising and Academic Success

1039 - College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters Building
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map