Find helpful advising forms.

Change of Program, Major, or Minor

Declare, delete, or change major (or areas of focus in General Studies or Liberal Studies), or minor.

Declaration of Certificate

Declare or delete certificate program.

Declaration of Pre-Professional Attribute

Use this form to declare (for informational and advising purposes only) a pre-professional attribute, such as pre-law, pre-med, etc.

Incomplete Contract

To be completed when an instructor has agreed to grant an Incomplete in a class. Please see the Undergraduate Academic Catalog for policy regarding Incompletes. CASL would like students and faculty to follow these instructions when completing the form:

1. The student should print the form, fill out their portion of the contract, then take it to their academic unit’s advising office.

2. The advising office will complete the second portion, which includes the deadline for completion. Here are the locations of each unit's advising office:

     CASL: Advising and Academic Success 1039 CB

     COB: Undergraduate Student Services Office 168 FCS

     CEHHS: Office of Student Success 262 FCS

     CECS: Advising and Academic Success 2000 HPEC

If the student is unable to come to campus to submit the form to their academic unit, they should contact their academic advisor for assistance.

3. Once the student and the academic unit has completed their portion of the form, the student will submit the form to the faculty member, who will, in consultation with the student, complete the third portion of the form.

4. The faculty member will give a copy (physical or electronic) of the contract to the student, keep a copy for themselves, and submit the contract to the Office of the Registrar either by campus mail (1169 UC) or via email ( Email is strongly suggested, as you will have a record of when you submitted the form.



Request exceptions to policy or curriculum. Please read the guidelines for petitions carefully. All petitions are submitted electronically.


Submit if you were previously enrolled as a degree-seeking student but did not graduate, have been away for a calendar year or more, and now wish to re-enroll as an undergraduate student.

Request to Exceed 18 Credit Hours

Request permission to enroll in more than 18 credit hours.  Students requesting such permission are expected to have a 3.00 or higher GPA at UM-Dearborn. Previously, this was requested on a unique form; requests to exceed 18 credits in a semester will now be made via the online petition.

Time Conflict

Request permission to be enrolled in two courses that overlap slightly.


Transfer Equivalency Request

Submit the completed form to check the transferability of a course(s).

Advising and Academic Success

1039 -
CASL Building
Back to top of page