Changing/Adding Majors, Minors, or Certificates

Learn about changing or adding a major, minor, or certificate.

Declaring or Changing a Major

When a student has completed 60 credit hours toward a degree, they must have declared and been accepted into a degree program. This declaration does not need to be final. You may change your major at any time.

The Change of Major/Minor form is used to declare or remove majors. Approval of these changes is always subject to any eligibility criteria in effect for the program or major to which the student is applying.

Declaring or Changing a Minor

Minors are a great way to tailor your degree to your career interests. CASL students often have enough elective credit hours to add a minor without going over credit hour minimums. If you intend to elect a minor, simply complete a Change of Major/Minor form.  If you should change your mind later and decide not to complete a minor that you have declared, you will simply need to complete another form to delete it. 

Declaring or Changing a Certificate

Students elect certificates to provide another credential in the competitive job market.  Employers appreciate the extra skill set. It is Win-Win on both sides of the equation!  A certificate is declared or removed by completing the Certificate Declaration Form.

Please submit your forms to [email protected]

Advising and Academic Success

1039 - College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters Building
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map