Taking Courses at Other Institutions

Once admitted and registered at UM-Dearborn, a student may apply to be a guest at another institution.

Some schools require the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest application, which needs to be submitted to the Office of the Registrar at [email protected]. Some schools have their own guest application. You'll need to look at the guest school's website to find out their guest application procedure. 

Keep in mind there is a senior residency policy and the maximum transfer credit hours policy applies no matter when you take courses off-campus.  

It is recommended that students meet with an academic advisor before registering as a guest.  If the course as a guest is a pre-req to a course to be taken at UM-Dearborn, the grade must be emailed to the CASL Advising and Academic Success office, [email protected], for an override to be given at UM-Dearborn. A "C" grade or above and an official transcript is required for an override and for credit to be posted to the UM-Dearborn transcript.

Advising and Academic Success

1039 - College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters Building
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map