Learn about changing or adding a major, minor, or certificate.

Declaring or Changing a Major

When a student has completed 60 credit hours toward a degree, s/he must have declared and been accepted into a degree program. This declaration does not need to be final. You may change your major at any time.

The Change of Major/Minor form is available in the CASL Office of Advising and Academic Success, Room 1039 CB. Approval of these changes is always subject to any eligibility criteria in effect for the program or major to which the student is applying.

Declaring or Changing a Minor

If you intend to elect a minor, please stop in 1039 CB at your earliest convenience to complete a Change of Major/Minor form.  If you should change your mind later and decide not to complete a minor that you have declared, you will simply need to complete another form to delete it. 

The minors available to CASL students require either 12 or 15 upper (300+) level hours and residency. Some minors also require one or more prerequisite courses. The grades in minor requirements must average to at least a 2.00 for posting at graduation.

Advising and Academic Success

1039 -
CASL Building
Back to top of page